- Requests are limited to non-profit organizations within the communities that were home to employees of Phillips Plastics Corporation during its years of operation.
- Requests are limited to educational, humanitarian, cultural, and recreational activities. The foundation prioritizes educational requests. Requesting organizations must submit evidence of 501 (c)(3) tax status, or another qualified 501 (c)(3) must agree to serve as fiscal agent and provide written documentation stating their relationship.
- Only local units of state or national organizations are eligible for funding.
- School requests are limited to elementary, middle, and high schools, preschools, and day-care facilities. The foundation favors student engagement/hands on learning opportunities. Priority will be given to requests with a focus on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- Schools may request and receive grants quarterly. All public, private and parochial school district requests are to be prioritized and submitted by the superintendent/district administrator. Requests that are not submitted by the superintendent/district administrator will not be considered.
- All other eligible organizations may receive only one grant in a calendar year. Grant requests should focus on experiential opportunities for the betterment of the individual and/or community.
- Requests for tangible/durable items are preferred.
- Funding is not provided for:
- consumable goods, including but not limited to, food and beverages, fuel or mileage reimbursement, office and printer supplies.
- ongoing licensing fees.
- compensation. (Stipends and speaker/assembly/performer fees as part of program delivery will be considered on a case by case basis.)
- discretionary, nonspecific use of an organization including requests for capital campaigns.
- expenses for past events or project expenses already incurred.
- City or county government programs are generally not eligible for funding.
- Other foundations are generally not eligible for funding.
- No requests are granted for religious purposes if program participation requires membership in the religious group or a commitment to specific beliefs prescribed by the group.
- No requests are granted for political purposes.
Guidelines For Application
Applications must be received by February 1, May 1, August 1, or November 1 to be considered at the ensuing quarterly meeting. If applications are not received by the indicated dates, the application will be added to the next quarter.